The Civic Alliance for a Sound Economy (CASE) is a political organization representing diverse local businesses of every size and sector. Sponsored by the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, CASE is committed to creating an affordable, livable, and safe city for all Seattleites.
CASE recently announced its candidate endorsements for the 2015 primary elections for Seattle City Council.
The endorsed candidates all demonstrated a strong commitment to improving the quality of life and economic opportunities for all Seattleites, particularly on four core issues:
- Traffic in and around Seattle is getting worse. CASE supports candidates who will prioritize reducing traffic congestion, improving transit, and helping move people and goods faster around the city.
- In Seattle’s neighborhoods, including downtown, public safety is a major concern for residents, visitors, and local businesses. CASE supports candidates who will make sure our police force is accountable and responsive and will work to make Seattle safe and welcoming for all residents, businesses, and visitors.
- Seattle is experiencing incredible prosperity, however some people are being left behind. CASE supports candidates who will help grow local businesses, expand family-wage jobs, and encourage building housing for people of all income levels.
- Seattle is rapidly growing and changing. CASE supports candidates who understand what makes Seattle great, and will uphold those values while continually striving to make Seattle one of the best cities in the nation to live, work, and play.
2015 Seattle City Council Endorsements:
- District 1: Shannon Braddock
- District 2: Bruce Harrell
- District 3: Pamela Banks
- District 4: Rob Johnson
- District 5: No endorsement for the primary
- District 6: No endorsement for the primary
- District 7: Sally Bagshaw
- Position 8: Tim Burgess
- Position 9: Lorena Gonzalez